What is Guelph Gives?
You've hear of Black Friday and Cyber Monday - days that are great for the economy and getting a good deal - well now we have Giving Tuesday a day that is great for the community. This day is a platform for local businesses and not-for-profit organizations to kick-off the giving season and celebrate all forms of giving as we work together to build a better community for all! We are harnessing the power of social media so please follow us.
Why participate in GuelphGives?
- Your loyal supporters will be looking for ways to help and promote your cause
- It's easy! You can leverage the day to achieve your own objectives and participate in any way that
benefits your organization
- This can be an excellent way to kick-off a year-end campaign
- Demonstrate your commitment to both the local community and to Canada's philanthropic agenda
How to participate in GuelphGives?
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
- Share a story about the power of giving, tag us @GuelphGives and use the hashtags #GuelphGives & #GivingTuesdayCA
- Send us your own giving story for our blog, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raise awareness about the campaign and let your network know how they can get involved
- Join us at our Community Leaders Breakfast on December 3rd for 7-9 am, check out our social media regularly for location and details
- Check out Giving Tuesday's charity toolkit for more resources
Meet the Team
Director of Marketing (Ontario), IG Wealth Management (Chair of GuelphGives committee)
Manager, Marketing and Communications, Guelph Humane Society
Community Fundraising Specialist, Canadian Cancer Socitey
Campaign Manager, United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin
Account Manager, Inbox Marketer a Trendline Company
Owner, Royal Electric, Jimmy Jazz & La Reina
Consultant, IG Wealth Management
Structural Designer, Tacoma Engineers Inc.
President & CEO, Guelph Chamber of Commerce