Ways to Get Involved
Plan an Activity (here are a few ideas).
- Employee engagement – let staff pick a charity and organize a campaign to raise awareness and/or donations. You can set this up any way that works for you – payroll deductions, collections of space change, 50/50 draws, bake sales or any other idea employees come up with.
- Matching donations – pick a favourite charity or non-profit and match donations that the charity receives on GivingTuesday (you can set a maximum total $ value).
- Volunteer – offer your staff a day or half a day where they can take off and volunteer for a local charity.
- Amplify an existing initiative – lots of businesses are already supporting local causes. If you already have something planned in December, use GivingTuesday to launch, amplify and celebrate your campaign!
- Collection jars or food drive – collect donations from staff and/or the public for the month or week leading up to GivingTuesday.
- Blood drive / organ donations – you can invite Canadian Blood Services to your office for a day or simply ask people to make appointments to donate or sign their donor cards.
Register with GuelphGives to show what you are doing to participate.